Aayam Skill Development Center Pvt. Ltd. is a purpose-driven private company, established in 2016 and registered in Office of the Company Registrar according to Company Act (2006). It is situated at Kirtipur, Kathmandu. Aayam aims to empower people with skills, design innovative sustainable solutions to community problems and promote impact investment to achieve sustainable development goals.
How Aayam came into existence?
The pressing problems of unemployment and lack of platform to learn professional skills gave birth to Aayam Skill Development Center. There are a lot of problems in Nepal and problems bring opportunities. However, these problems remain problems due to lack of resources and failure of human resources to deal with these problems. If people are skilled and competent enough, then such individuals can change these problems into opportunities thereby bringing positive change in the society. Also the short-term projects of non-government organizations which has left the community depended upon external stakeholders are paralyzing the community. There should be sustainable market-based solutions towards the community problems. With an intention to address these issues and contribute to sustainable development goals, Aayam came into existence.
Aayam envisions to establish itself as an active platform contributing towards sustainable development. Aayam intends to fulfill the vision through empowering people with skills, designing innovative sustainable solutions to community problems and promoting impact investment to achieve sustainable development goals.
Aayam is driven by following organizational values:
- People-centered approach: The problems the people face will be the foundation for the programs we design.
- Integrity: Aayam shall maintain its integrity by being accountable and transparent.
- Innovation: Aayam tries to address the community problems in innovative and sustainable manner.
- Partnerships: Being a private company, Aayam seeks to do partnerships with local organizations to work in coordinated manners and foster co-operation and collaboration.
- Human dignity: Aayam programs in no way shall harm the rights and values of people. Aayam respects the dignity and self-esteem of people.